Sage is a popular business accounting software that is globally accepted. The software endorses advanced features and tools that simplifies the complex business accounting and saves plenty of time. With Sage the business management becomes a cake walk. But there are times when there are erroneous scenarios and the software encounters errors. Errors can be technical and functional. Technical errors relate with improper installation, incomplete software upgrade, database connectivity errors, data migration errors etc. Sage error 1402 is one error that is commonly reported by the users. It is categorized as technical error and should be reported to the technical support team immediately.
How Does Sage Error Code 1402 Occur?
Sage Error Code 1402 comes along with an error message “Could Not Open the Key: Unknown”. When the error happens you need to check enough access is available to the key or not.
Main Cause of Error Code 1402
The major cause of that error is that the Permission/Registry – not properly configured. You may also face some of the similar error codes like 1304, 1325, 1608, 1618 and 1617. Some of these errors occur due to unconfigured internet settings, some due to invalid data entry and some due to your Sage tracking any corrupt or invalid file. It is very important that you recognize the exact cause of error and you should be aware of how this error can be resolved.
Sage customer support team is always there to analyze your issue and provide you the best possible solution for your error or problem that you are facing. We also help you in understanding your software properly so that you can work on it very efficiently. We provide instant chat support feature, so that you can get spontaneous resolutions.
How to Fix Error Code 1402?
- This error generally occurs due to incorrect or insufficient permission due to registry key(named), parent or child registry container key.
- This error can also occur while installing or uninstalling any Microsoft software to your Windows Operating System or while running backup in the Operating System.
Methods to Resolve the Issue
It is highly recommended that your take back-up of your system, your software and your registry before taking further action. You can zip-up “windows\system32\config” at the time of running backup in your Operating System.
- Log-in with “administrator” name and disable User Accounts Control.
- Open Start menu, open Run, type REGEDIT.
- The search HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components.
- Allow full access to the folder.
- Create a batch file with the help of following command.
- subinacl /subdirectories %SystemDrive% /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f
- Run the batch file.
- Run until the DOS screen closes.
- Restart your system and do the installation process again.
If the above steps do not help you in resolving the issue. You can contact us to get your issues resolved. Our team will also help you in understanding the issue and help you in getting it resolved.
Contact the Sage technical support team through the toll free phone +1-800-797-5219 . They are round the clock available for catering the best possible services and information at your hand. They are experienced and well trained in handling the errors and queries reported by the users.